Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Hello to all

Member #

Hello to all

Hi everyone, I'm not a pro; far from it, but I have three websites pertaining to services I offer. I'm a master goldfish keeper and have two websites pertaining to fish, but I'm also a home designer, and have a house plan website.

My first and oldest website is going on eleven years now. It was originally created by my son using the Avada theme; something I regret. The theme is really complicated and things are always messing up. It could be because the older php version site was moved to the new theme.

My two other websites have simple woocommerce themes and never cause a lick of trouble.

Avada help forums are impossible to get help on, and although the Avada facebook page is great, know ever seems to be able to help me. Maybe I'm beyond help. lol I'll be posting for advice as soon as I post this

Member #
    Hello welcome to this great community !!

Member #
    Liked
    125 times
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the problems you have had with the Avada Theme. I do agree with you it is a complicated theme. I am much like you. I have about 8 sites for my business some of which are pretty good sized perhaps close to 100 pages. I have used the Avada theme on three sites and just started a 54 page site using Avada. I am 3 pages in on my project. It does make sense to me that the more complicated something is the more chance for something to go wrong. I do a few sites for friends as well.

I do think it is important to do all the updates. If you let too many updates slide by that is likely to cause problems. I think I did my first Avada site not much over a year ago so time will tell if I regret it.

A theme I have used on a half dozen sites and like a lot is Vantage which is a free theme. It is a pretty simple theme to use and seems pretty reliable. Another nice one that is easy to use is Pure & Simple.

Remove Ads