Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    This is for anybody who is trying to impliment file uploads to their rails projects.

I found a fantastic plugin that makes file uploading though rails extreamly simple, File_Column. Rmagick support is also baked right in. This really opens the door to a whole lot of options when you are considering uploading files to your server, specifically images.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Yeah, I've been using this for a year or so... it's SO immensely useful. Highly recommended.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Also worth looking at is acts_as_attachment. I hadn't looked at file_column before, but at a glance I prefer acts_as_attachment because I can use the regular file upload helpers (particularly useful when one is using [minicode]form_for[/minicode] often) (though it seems like you can use that with file_column, too), because I can choose to store the data in the database, and, because (again, at a glance) it doesn't look like file_column allows me to specify a different path for the file to be stored in. On the plus side, file_column can seemingly be used for multiple columns in a single model, which I don't think acts_as_attachment necessarily does.

Remove Ads