Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Basically I want the user to type in the following:

http:/ /mysite.com/page/variable1/variable2

and the server to see

http:/ /mysite.com/page.php/variable1/variable2

I know there is a way to make the variables into ?var=1var=2 however I have a php script that is implementing that functionality to better control the conversion.

any help would be appreciated.[/COLOR]
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    The page has to be one of the default pages defined on the server. Most servers have index.php as the default page for a folder...'you've seen it, call a particular folder without a name and it displays the index.php file.

For this to work ( sort of ) like you want, create a folder called PAGE, save a copy of your current file page.php to that folder and rename it index.php , then just call the folder/?var=1&var2=xyz

Like I said ( sort of ), no . Htaccess needed for this, but I'm sure there is a htaccess guru out there that can probably tell you how to make it work the way you want.

Member #
    I appreciate your reply, I never thought of a work around solution and this seems to do pretty close to what I want.
    Thee Pyro Wolf

Remove Ads