Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Smile Building a web-based Repair Tracking & Service Management system

Hi everyone!

As a freelance computer technician, I want to organize my clients (customer info, appointments & repairs, etc).
    I thought to start building a web-based Repair Tracking & Service Management system. I need it to be web-based so I can access it from anywhere.
    I'd like to build it myself, in order to learn new things and to be customized to my needs, but I don't know what programming language(s)/framework(s) should I use to build it?
    PHP? Javascript? C#? Java?

Something like these ones:

https://www.repairtraq.com/

https://sourceforge.net/projects/myitcrm/

As I said, Id like to start building it myself, it is for personal use and is an opportunity for me to start learning (by building it) a new programming language, etc.

I don't know where to start from, so I'd like to hear some opinions.

Thank you in advance!!

P.S. I couldn't decide which was the most appropriate category to post, so I hope I chose the most suited one!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Why don't you try a script already available in open market...than get the same customize according to needs

Member #
    Liked
    708 times
    I just noticed this thread ... a month late, sorry.

You will need to use PHP and MySQL ... more specifically, PDO.

Here is a place to start:
    PHP PDO CRUD Tutorial using OOP with Bootstrap | Coding Cage

CRUD means (Create, Read, Update, Delete). The 4 basic parts of working with a database.

You will need to create a way for customers to register and login. That's how they will be able to see the progress of the repair tracking. You, the admin person, will need to also be able to login (as admin) and create the actual events and update the database.

All of this is going to take time to learn and you'll have to find various script examples for "register", "login", uploading photos, and creating PDF files using PHP ... for invoices, and various paper documents.

A huge learning curve, but it can be done.

Way easier to purchase a pre-made system, but you said you want to do it yourself.

Remove Ads