Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP

Member #
    Hey this is cougar. I've heard that PHP is used for what I need. I want to know how to make sign up pages possible. Like on virtual pet sites such as Neopets, I want to know how to make people have their own account. I know it is hard but if anyone can help at all please post.
    Here is my question stated again:How do I make users allow themselves to get their own account like on this forum or on Neopets?

- [ gL+ ] -

Member #
    Sorry about the newbishness

Sorry that this might seem like a newbish question to you pros. But I have not been studying PHP for long.. anyways I really need to learn, I have been viewing the forum and have heard that to do this I need to make scripts... This sounds hard, is there any site or place on the forum that helps out beginners with it?:chinese: (Funny face)
    - [ gL+ ] -

Member #
    Sorry

Sorry about that Filbur I wont do that again. But I really need to know how to make login scripts. If anyone can help... please post or email.:chinese: <---Ultima Face
    - [ gL+ ] -

Member #
    Login in PHP

Well, it's not that complicated. Anyways u need alot of stuff cleared before you can get started. The Best is to have your own server with mysql (v. 3.23) and PHP (v4.and-something) and properly configured. Farther on, you'll need to set up a database with relations and the necessary columns and datatypes..
    (like a database called: users with Columns: username, password, email, etc...)
    i know..it's alot to handle, and there's more..well, I have such a script already, because I've made one for my warcraft3 clan..^^ Anyways, Do the ^^ things above and I'll come back to you :classic:

also check out: http://www.moholt-clan.tk --> join da clan

I think it's something like that you are looking for..

Another option is to allow me to make the script and the necessary configurations, as I have my own server with properly configured PHP and MySQL - just a thought.

Regards: CrAz

Member #
    If you can

If you can make it that would be great!:alien:
    - [ gL+ ] -

Member #
    But ummm, I do want to learn how to do it myself. I am stuck on the part about the databases... How do I do all that?
    - [ gL+ ] -

Member #
    Hmm

I usually take charge for such, you see I have my own "firm" and specialize in such things like this. Something nice to put to my portfolio u now

http://www.anagram-studios.net

Well, I can teach you, but I would appreciate some sort of funding for it too, since I'm a poor student It would not be a big charge though..I will then be yours..and help you all the way :classic: :classic:

Regards-

CrAz

Member #
    hmmm maybe.... first try and teach me
    - [ gL+ ] -

Member #
    The Help is here

First of all, you need to download mySQL servers and clients. This is found at www.mysql.org. (or.net..dont remember). Then, install it and let it finish. Then in the "startup" folder in Windows (start --> programs --> startup) there will be a file called WinmySQLadmin (you may need to restart your computer). Anyways, first time you run this program it will ask you some questions, that is, the username and password for administrator rights for all the databases. This usernameANDpassword will be your way of connecting to your databases either through command line (on the server) or through PHP on the internet. After you've configured the username/password it will create a "my.ini" file in your windows directory. (PS: Install mysql on c:\ just to make things as easy as possible)

Now, you'll need to shut down that WinMYsqlAdmin that you've started, and restart your computer. Then, when the PC startsup, it will automatically launch this WINmySQLadmin program, hence, readying your databases for connections and manipulations.

Now you have the infrastructure up and running, the tables and so on awaits..Look out in next lession! :classic: :classic:

Greetings

CrAz

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    http://www.mysql.com/

Also I suggest using http://www.phpmyadmin.net/ . For a newbie it'll be a pain in the *** to set up but IMHO the interface is billions of times better than WinMySQLAdmin. There's also a tutorial here on how to set up Apache/PHP/MySQL.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads