Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hi, im new to php but have been using flash for a while now. this is the first time iv tried a php mail form in a flash movie and surprise surprise it doesnt work first time. iv attached a txt file with both the php code and flash actionscript im using, could someone please have a look and maybe advise me.
    cheers ppl

ps. this isnt my code, i got it from a tutorial site so if the coding is rubbish i take no responsibilty

Member #
    If its an SWF file you'll need to ensure the web server is configured to send them via the PHP interpreter, otherwise the PHP will not get executed.

Member #
    im pretty sure that the server does support php.
    what im after is so comfirmation of wether the php and action scripting is done correctly, would it work if everything was ok on the server side?

Member #
    I'm sure your supports PHP, however the web server needs to know which files it should send via the PHP interpreter. You eiether need to tell the web server to send SWF files via the PHP interpreter or (probably the better option), give your file a PHP extension and send the header:

Content-Type: application/x-shockwave-flash

This will force the client to treat it as an SWF file.

Remove Ads