Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    OK, I have made a simple login system. It MD5 encrypts the passwords etc, however, I am going to customize it later for my client login section.

Here's an example:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Right now, if you register, then login, you get taken to a page. Everyone who logs in gets taken there. What I want to do is have it so that when a certain client logs in, they get taken to a page showing their project info.

So, say I have two projects going. One for ABC which is 72% complete and one for XYZ which is 39% complete.

How can I have it so that when ABC logs in with password1 then they get taken to project1.htm saying 72% complete, but when XYZ logs in with password2 they get taken to project2.htm saying 39% complete.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was the best way to explain it, sorry if it's a bit complicated. Hope you can understand this and surely this has to be possible to do? Thanks for the help I KNOW I will receive!
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    I wrote a skeleton tutorial for that a while back. (I actually think it was in one of your threads)

With regard to 'how complete' the projects are, you would have to enter the percent-value yourself, as only you can be the judge of how complete you consider your projects to be at any given time.

The example code is towards the end of this thread:
    http://www.webdesignforums.net/showthread.php?t=14865
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Thanks Rosland. I knew about enterting the project status myself . Any other links to tutorials?
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Can't think of any specifically targeted towards your request right here and now (here at WDF that is).

There is, however, another one that deals with buttons/options that should be hidden/displayed depending on WHO is logged in. I think that was based on a question from justlivyalife. You might find that interesting, as it deals with filtering through sessions like yours does.

http://www.webdesignforums.net/showthread.php?t=15168
    S. Rosland

Remove Ads