Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    helo....

i am working on a logging and logout script ...i made a table and its all set ...but the problem is when i run that script it askes me the username and password...i provide with it and after that it gives me a warning like :

CGI ERROR
    the specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set og HTTP headers.

i am using php on IIS
    pls help me out

Member #
    this isnt a PHP script error, but rather an IIS problem. Theres a hotfix from microsoft that you have to request. its in their knowledge base: KB839229 - search for this article.

I had the exact problem. They say that this IIS hotfix will only be distributed with the next service pack, but until then, you have to request it. :classic:

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jbagley
    this isnt a PHP script error, but rather an IIS problem. Theres a hotfix from microsoft that you have to request. its in their knowledge base: KB839229 - search for this article.

I had the exact problem. They say that this IIS hotfix will only be distributed with the next service pack, but until then, you have to request it. :classic:

thanx for ur concern ...but i relly didn't get you...can u explain in brief.....and tell me the steps that i should follow..pls should i use apache ????

Member #
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;884764

If you dont want to use the hotfix, then use apache.

Member #
    The other way to fix it would be to not run php as f/cgi and run it as a ISAPI Filter instead, which is more stable and faster.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jbagley
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;884764

If you dont want to use the hotfix, then use apache.
    Apache is better anyway, lol
    (though don't really want to start a flame war here)
    I am Alan Hogan (@alanhogan on Twitter). I like PHP, UI/UX design, and OS X.

Member #
    Hmmm...
    I've never encountered that problem even though running 4 machines under IIS (whereof two as fast-cgi, and two with PHP as an ISAPI module.) On the fifth machine I run Apache. (All home network)

I would reccomend trying jbagley's link-to-fix. If no success, then try ISAPI or Apache.

IIS is (even though its engine is identical to MS Server 2000+) ment for 'localhost/intranet' use. It is limited to just a few connections and can not be used in a production environment.
    Apache, on the other hand, is a full fledged server, and is both inherently fast and optimized towards PHP.
    If you fail to fix your IIS problem, I would strongly reccomend an Apache trial.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Now that bit tedious now

Quote Originally Posted by rosland
    Hmmm...
    I've never encountered that problem even though running 4 machines under IIS (whereof two as fast-cgi, and two with PHP as an ISAPI module.) On the fifth machine I run Apache. (All home network)

I would reccomend trying jbagley's link-to-fix. If no success, then try ISAPI or Apache.

IIS is (even though its engine is identical to MS Server 2000+) ment for 'localhost/intranet' use. It is limited to just a few connections and can not be used in a production environment.
    Apache, on the other hand, is a full fledged server, and is both inherently fast and optimized towards PHP.
    If you fail to fix your IIS problem, I would strongly reccomend an Apache trial.
    well thanx all you people ...but now i have to buy that hotfix ..which i am avoiding and moreover i have worked on IIS its so simple ...apache ..i never worked on it ...tried to downlaod ...but it tells me to change some files ...which i hardly know...can i have any help regarding how to load php with apache...

thanking you

Member #
    If you have any experience at all with PHP, it's quite easy.

There's an old tutorial here (tutorial section) that explains how to install PHP, MySQL and Apache.

Things haven't changed much with regard to "how to install".

Have a look at it, and report back if you have troubles.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    problem in apache

Quote Originally Posted by rosland
    If you have any experience at all with PHP, it's quite easy.

There's an old tutorial here (tutorial section) that explains how to install PHP, MySQL and Apache.

Things haven't changed much with regard to "how to install".

Have a look at it, and report back if you have troubles.

well i read the tutorial..and done according to it ...but when i start my apache after configuring httpd file ..it says that
    apache service can not be started.
    the service did n't report an error

more help available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads