Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hi ...

i have database with name , age , address, contact no. and email id ....then i made a script to search in database ...i can search with name , age and adress....

what i want is .... when i have searched with name ...the table is displayed ..now again on this refined search i want to put my age search ....in other words again searching on searched data ....

can anyone pls help me out in this ...
    Anant

Member #
    Show us your search script!

BTW, you can improve (simplify) your search efforts by utilizing MySQL's built in FULLTEXT search!
    Then you can add all sorts of conditional stuff within the query itself.

Even though the syntax is easily understood, you have to make some my.ini additions to make it work.
    However, that will give boolean search possibilities in addition to search within sub-search results.
    S. Rosland

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Fulltext search is wonderful! It made things so much easier once I discovered it. It's well worth the effort in understanding and configuring it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rosland
    Show us your search script!

BTW, you can improve (simplify) your search efforts by utilizing MySQL's built in FULLTEXT search!
    Then you can add all sorts of conditional stuff within the query itself.

Even though the syntax is easily understood, you have to make some my.ini additions to make it work.
    However, that will give boolean search possibilities in addition to search within sub-search results.
    well what i want is multiple searching .... in database....

Englandshire, United Kingdomsville y'all!
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    One method is to build an array with the first search result and then search that array with the refined search. You can keep refining the search and trimming the array as many times as you want until a new search is started and the array is rebuilt.

A less elegant solution is to keep passing previous search terms to the new search via post or get and building your query using those terms with the AND statement.

Remove Ads