Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] doesnt seem to work....
    I get an undefined index error.

I am running PHP 5.0.2 and when I run phpinfo(), the document_root variable is not there....

I need access to it, so where has is gone? whats happening here?

Member #
    Always, when having script errors like this, it's easier to asess if you post all the relevant code (relating to the problem in question).

I've had no use for that particular constant myself, but I tried it (on three different servers), and it regurgitates the path nicely.
    S. Rosland

Member #
    Hi Rosland. I picked up a free video conferencing package on the web, that was written in PHP and uses Flash Communication Server to run.

The config file it used was using the Document root variable, to pick up on a couple of language files that it was using. Im running it on IIS, and that was were the problem was coming from. IIS was'nt (maybe MY IIS) reporting that variable, so the page kept falling over, or no text was displayed on the screen, due to not being able to find english.php.

So after trying and trying, I hand coded my path, to see if it worked, and it did.

But that still didnt solve the problem. But in the end, the software was really crap after trying it out, so I chucked it.

Thanks for the help anyways....

Remove Ads