Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    The book is called

PHP and MySQL for Dynamic Web Sites: Visual QuickPro Guide

by Larry Ullman

It's got great reviews at Amazon.com, my only question, it's release date was May 2003. Is there any thing that's important enough from the last couple years to make me consider a more recent book?

(Also, any other recommendations are appreciated.)
    ~ mikeycorn
    With over 72,000 questions worth of user submitted quizzes, it's the world's most popular quiz creation software:
    PEST - The Personal Exam Self-Tester

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    That book is probably PHP4, PHP5 is out. Still a good book for a grasp of the concepts probably.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Thanks for the reply, it's good to know, too because I just ordered it about 15 minutes ago. :cheeky:

(recommendations still accepted . . . )
    ~ mikeycorn
    With over 72,000 questions worth of user submitted quizzes, it's the world's most popular quiz creation software:
    PEST - The Personal Exam Self-Tester

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Just brought it up on amazon. I think a friend had that, from what I remember it was pretty good. Don't have all my books archived yet (MediaMan, but I know I have:

Advanced PHP for Web Professionals
    Mike McGrath's PHP5 in easy steps (only at Barnes and Noble)

SAMS PHP and mySQL is pretty good as well. I've got some other ones, but I dunno where they are

Just realized I picked up XML Visual Quickstart Guide (same series I think) lol! Got some other XML boox around here as well.

The "(blah blah) in easy steps" is a good series as well. They're all $9.99 USD, and are solid books, only at B&N though (B&N publishes them).

Now where'd I put those other books... (starting to think I'm a character from R.o.D. with this many books lol!)
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads