Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello Everyone -

I'm looking for a PHP-based article manager that can create static HTML pages via a web interface. The end result would be something like this: http://www.gmarketing.com/articles/ Notice how, when you click an article, you go to a static HTMl page (and you can view a print-friendly version of the page).

This example shows a long list of articles, but I would like to be able to break it up into sections, if possible.

Let me know if you've had success with any of the many article managers out there. I don't need a full-blown CMS, just a simple script that can easily manage articles.

Thanks,
    Chris

Member #
    To be honest, i dont see the need for an article manager, it should be easy enough just typing out PHP (that is if you know any, or have access to any way of learning some).

Just use the GET Method of sending data between pages in php, give each article an ID, send that over using the GET method. Then use an if statement on that php page which decides the page to show.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Promethium
    To be honest, i dont see the need for an article manager, it should be easy enough just typing out PHP (that is if you know any, or have access to any way of learning some).

Just use the GET Method of sending data between pages in php, give each article an ID, send that over using the GET method. Then use an if statement on that php page which decides the page to show.
    Yeah, that's how I would normally set it up, but, I'm trying to create search engine-friendly pages and links (i.e. file names that use keywords), and trying to avoid using parameters in the URL, as I have heard they sometime get ignored by search engines.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ripemedia
    Yeah, that's how I would normally set it up, but, I'm trying to create search engine-friendly pages and links (i.e. file names that use keywords), and trying to avoid using parameters in the URL, as I have heard they sometime get ignored by search engines.
    it should still work, I mean, you can go on google, and search through forums that use the GET Method of going round all of their databases.

Besides, the way search engines crawl pages means that they follow every link on a page, they dont just follow the directories.

You can always make the php generate appropriate descriptions and keywords using the same if method as well.

Remove Ads