Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Ok, I have phpmyadmin, and I have a database there. I am using the mySQL database to store info about each member when they sign up, and put it on my admin page that I have on my site. I am using a script for it, and I can't figure out how to add a field to it. It is asking me for values and things that I have no idea what to put. Any help would be apprieciated. Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    When adding a field, you can leave just about everything in that form blank or unchanged. The important areas are the new field's name and its type. Everything else is optional, except for the text box after type, which you need if you add an enum (enumerated type).

So, in general, the first two values are the only ones you have to worry about.

Member #
    What is enumerated type?

Member #
    It's a type that can have one of several possible values set by you.

e.g. the ENUM type with the values 'a', 'b', 'c' has to be either a, b, or c

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Exactly that. And note that not all databases support enumerated types. MS SQL, for example, I don't *think* supports them. Then again, I may just have missed it when I was using the Administrator last time.

Remove Ads