Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: member pages

Member #
    On my site, when people buy certain things, I need their member page to display what they have done in the past (things they have bought). For example, if someone bought an iPod, I would need it to say:

Past purchases: 1 (Apple iPod)

But Obiously it could only say that after the person has actually bought an item. And I also don't want to have to change their member pages manually after every person has made a purchase, it needs to be automatic. How should I go about doing this?

Member #
    You could make a text-file with the name of their ID or just username using PHP every time someone registers . Then append their purchase to the text file in the format you said.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    The fact that they're purchasing on your site implies that you must already have some database functionality to make that happen... most shopping carts will be database driven.

If that is the case, as I'd expect it to be, it should just be a case of looking at the database schema, finding the appropriate tables for purchases and selecting from there...

What is it you're using to do the sale?

Sean

Remove Ads