Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi All

first time poster long time reader... :classic:

I am currently using DMX 2004 and have begun to experience a problem that is now put me in a position whereby I cannot work on a current project.

Open up MX, all is well, work on one or two html files, still no problemo, THEN I attempt to work on some php files and whamo it crashes! time and time again without allowing me to do anything.

I have attempted to resolve the dll issue by renaming and reinstalling, reinstalled DMX what seems like a dozen times.

Anybody out there with a suggestion (apart from throwing it away!) and if not, alternative editing programmes? (WYSIWYG to aid with client deployments please)

Many Thanks

Member #
    Have u tried contacting Macromedia about it? Have u got a registered version?

Member #
    Hi

Yes to both. The DLL reinstall was their advice although they did say that the 'crashing' issues had been addressed in DW8 (I BET!)

Ta

Member #
    Typical.

I love Dreamweaver, but there are some issues with it. I find it does crash from time to time, and takes a damn long time to startup.

Im looking forward to Studio 8, and seeing how much they have improved Dreamweaver. They released MX 2004 more than a year ago, so they have had ample development time on 8. Lets wait and see... :classic:

Remove Ads