Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey all. I've come across a small problem with my site. I have looked high and low but I still can't find a good article managment system. My site offers music lessons and this is the best way, I think, to present the lessons, however I can't find any free, good scripts. What I'm looking for in specific:

- A article managment system with configurable topics
    - A 'write article' page
    - A list/link of all topics on the users side
    - A link to each of the articles in a 'weight' or similar type order within the topics
    - Easy to customize
    - PHPBB support, although not NECESSARY, it would be a plus.

Anyways, this is pretty much a NEWS script except it doens't list by date, but by preset order, and also give the user a selection between topics to view. So if anyone knows any scripts like this, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

Member #
    go check out http://www.opensourcecms.com/

Im sure you will find a decent CMS there....

Member #
    Thanks for your reply, however I am not looking for a full CMS, I am just looking for a script that will allow me to post articles and include them on my site.

Member #
    I've looked through the CMSes either way and they all seem okay, except I want one that has no menus or logins, just one that manages articles and news. Thanks again.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I'm surprised there was nothing on Opensourcecms.com - there's hundreds of various types of dynamic content management solutions in there, from terribly simple ones to hugely complex ones. Did you look at some of the ones in the "wiki" section of opensourcecms, for instance? Could be that a wiki is exactly what you want...

You could, I guess, try http://hotscripts.com and see if there's anything there.

You will, probably, need some sort of login though. You don't want just anybody posting content to your site... at least not without it being approved in some way.

Sean

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    Not having a login on an article management system isn't a good idea
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads