Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,

I've mainly done most of my work in design only, so I need some help with this client.

The client is an association of many different members. They would like to each have a page on their association's web site, which they can update and post their individual information/photos/etc.

Any suggestions on software to achieve this. The group is of course tight on money. Their hosting company supports PHP and MySQL if this is relevant. What would the simpliest way for to set this up for them (My coding skills are very limited)?

I handcoded their current site with notepad only, so hopefully I can incorporate this feature into the present code and design.

Thanks in advance.

Sandy

Member #
    Two options:
    1. Write one yourself
    2. Buy one in (or open source)

Because each member wants to update their own details/profile, I'm guessing that it's unlikely you'll find anything suitable already written. You'll probably have to write one, or commission one from a coder.
    Paul Creedy
    Visit my community site at: www.rhonddacynontaff.com
    My hosting: www.rcthosting.com
    My Content Management product: www.dynamiccontenteditor.com

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    At the company I work for, we just got Interspire WebEdit for one of our clients.
    We haven't totally implemented it yet but it seems really cool. It even works with Dreamweaver templates (but you don't have to use Dreamweaver templates). You can set areas of your html documents to be editable or not, etc. Check it out! I think it's relatively inexpensive as well.
    choosy developers choose gif!
    website | paintings | blog

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Go to http://opensourcecms.com and browse the demos on the left.

There may well be something there that you take a liking to.

Sean

Remove Ads