Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello everyone,

My name is April, and I am a high school Web design teacher. I am also the Webmaster for our high school band of over 300 students. I have been asked if I can create a bus sign up form so that the students can go on line and sign up for the bus they want to ride for away games and competitions. I know I can do a form and have the information sent to me; however, that would cause me to have to type every students name on the whichever bus they signed up for. Does anyone know of any way to do this through a database or any other type of format. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I do not know ColdFusion or Oracle.

Thank you! April

Member #
    php and mysql

Member #
    It would be real easy.

What you would want to do is throw together a mySQL database with one table with the columns student name, bus. Or you could use a table for each bus which would make looking it up easier.

Then on an html page have a from that sends a request to a php script that just writes the info to the mySQL db. Then you can view the mySQL db from phpmyadmin or write a quick pregram to look it up and put it in a neat table.

I could write it for about $5.

Member #
    Hey April.. it is quite simple even if you are new to PHP.

You say "sign up for the bus they want to ride" - how is this achieved?
    One way would be to have a drop down box listing all the buses, and the value they choose goes into the table.

Possible table..

id int 11, primary key auto increment
    student_name varchar 40
    bus varchar 30

Remove Ads