Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I write these instructions because I am a novice regarding phpws and this is something that was not obvious to me. I have learned something that is elementary to everyone else here, but I am adding this for the other novices that may have the same questions I had.

1. To add a module that is not part of your original download of PHPWS you will need to download the module to your computer. These files are usually provided in .zip or .gz compressed files.

2. Log in to the file manager of cpanel. Navigate to the /mod directory. Upload the compressed file.

3. Click the name of the compressed file and choose extract file contents in cpanel.

4. Compressed file will be uncompressed and will be located in the /mod directory. You can delete the compressed file at this time.

5. Read the informations provided in the /docs dir of your new module. Sometimes special steps are needed for a module to work properly.

6. Go to your PHPWS site and login to the control panel. Use Boost and you should see the new mod on the list. Click the Install button.

7. You should receive a message about the module being successfully installed.
    thanks
    imran hashmi
    www.visionstudio.co.uk
    www.seo-professional.co.uk

Remove Ads