Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm having problems with spam and certain malicious visitors abusing my sites current (and weak) guestbook. I would like to switch to a better script, something that lets me approve posts before putting them up and/or has IP banning (both would be ideal because one of the malicious posters keeps using the exact same IP address).

Do you know of a guestbook script that can do that? I'm not having much luck at the script sites.

Member #
    If you PM me your email address, I can send you the test version of egbook, my free guestbook script. It has a captcha spam blocker (the users have to type a 'security code' before posting).

Demo at http://ekstreme.com/guestbook/
    eKstreme
    eKstreme.com - Free website tools!
    fontfox - free fonts Hand-picked quality fonts.

Member #
    I still need it to either ban IP addresses or hold entries for my approval. I need a way to block a harasser who isn't spamming (although the Captcha does take care of that) so much as being rude and using my guestbook like a message board.

Member #
    If you know SQL and how to add new columns you could add one called "approved" or such and create a page that allows you to set row column values to true.. or false (although when posts are added they should be set to false).

Remove Ads