Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hey everyone,

I recently got a new client that has a talk show radio show. What he wants for his site is to be able to post his articles as well as articles of other people. Now, I'm thinking a blog system would work well for this kind of thing, but because he's growing pretty quickly in listening base, he also wants to have banner ads to generate revenue through the site. So my question is, for everyone out there, what kind of system would you recommend?

So far, I haven't found a blog system out there that would support banner ads (I'm thinking about using phpAdNews). Also, while I haven't done a lot of research yet, some of the CMS systems I've found so far don't offer that much in the way of a banner system either.

I don't mean for this to sound clichéd, but I'm hoping to get this system to be as low maintenence for me as possible; so any recommendations you guys have would help alot.

Thanks,
    Joel

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well, given templating all blog systems use... of course you can use banner ads!

My recommendation is to check out WordPress.. it's pages feature allow you to publish an entire site with the software.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    Thanks for the quick reply!

I've only worked with small business and a few corporate sites, so I've never had to work with any of this stuff before :-P

I'll definatly look into WordPress. Off-hand, do you know if it supports RSS feeds? Because the home page is going to have alot of stuff on it, including summaries of the recent articles, I was thinking the home page could just read the feed (yay, I rhymed...sorry, it's the cold medication I'm on) from the blogs?

Thanks again,
    Joel

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    You can customize the home page to straight up read from the database, although yes WordPress heavily supports RSS/Atom feeds.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Remove Ads