Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Right now my website uses plain old type news into index. One of my friends told me to use MySQL and PHP to automatically post into the index. The problem is how? Do I have to create a form and have information and send it into my table then connect to my database and post the information into the index?

Member #
    You can use PHP to interact with a database, and in your index (or any file you wish) you can extract and show the content (be it news, reviews, etc..)

However the database needs data! You will need a form to submit the data/news into the database for it to be shown on your page.

Alternatively you may have tools in your cpanel that allow you to insert data through that.

You ideally want to look at SELECT and INSERT queries, although UPDATE and DELETE are desirable.

http://www.w3schools.com/sql/sql_intro.asp

Hope this helps.

Remove Ads