Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,
    I was wondering how to communicate between two server-side systems on one server.

There is the SIX engine (PHP) one side and on the other we have something that can be any language and it outputs XML files. The SIX engine takes in the XML and processes it to html, etc then sends to browser. Now, what I need to be able to do is when I am reading the opening the XML files (using simplexml_load_file() ) I need to pass variables to that file somehow. This is becuase the file isn't orignally XML, it is code (PHP, ASP, JSP, etc.) This code needs to take in variables from the SIX engine, becuase it will output different XML depending on the variables inputed. These variables change with every request. And every so often the other side will send things to SIX.

Okay... so how do the two systems communicate? I know about web services but isn't that when the things are on different servers? And isn't there a simpler way to do this then web services becuase its on one server? Could you do something like simplexml_load_file('something.xml?thing=hello')? How would the other thing talk to SIX then though? What is the awsner!! Please help me!
    Thanks in advance
    -GeZe

Member #
    anybody? I would offer turtle dollars, but I only have one left

(I gave 20 at once to someone a while ago)
    -GeZe

Member #
    I guess nobody knows the awnser. Hmm.
    -GeZe

Remove Ads