Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've been trying to make a blog for my church's youth group for awhile here, http://www.soulcause.org. What is the best way to go about doing this...?

[I've just now started getting into php]

-Corey
    "What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?"
    -Matthew 16:26

Member #
    Creating your own blog means a lot of writing of code, a lot of time and probably a lot of trouble. I would suggest looking at either Wordpress or Movable Type, these are well known, are stable and are very good, not to mention free. You can edit either of these to suit your needs

Member #
    The best way I would say is to define the pages of your website first.
    Establish the database/file link first, and then page by page complete the blog.

Member #
    Me and some friends have recently written a blog application for a school project using JSP and mySql.

First of all, you'd have to think about your database structure.. Make all tables, link them, etc. Wihout a database you can't start anyway. Secondly, a layout would be usefull.. though implementing this can be done at the end as well. Thirdly, start coding... start with a login/register system, so users can go to the admin pages, code the new post/edit post/new category/new photobook/.. pages and once those things work, make sure all data is shown on the public pages!

Browsing blog pages might give a better idea about what you could implement...

Good luck with it!

Remove Ads