Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hello there, was wondering if anyone knew of a freeware script for streaming audio.

I checked out andromeda but it had a lot of features i don't need and one very important one that i do.

Simply, I want users to click a regular link on a php page and have their media player stream my m3p audio. The only thing i really need is to disable the "save media as" on the media player. That is, i want them to be able to listen to the song but not to save it as an MP3 on their hard drives.

I know a couple of sites can do this. I checked out a few scripts but none of them worked like this or if they did they were a whole community-based type thing where people had to log in, etc...

anyone know of a good script like this?

Member #
    Haven't tried this myself, but there's an arcticle here that might shed some light:
    http://www.globalgraffiti.com/demo.htm
    S. Rosland

Member #
    rosland, this might be exactly what i'm looking for, i'll give it a try and see how it goes...

thanks

Member #
    I would suggest using flash and xml. Gotoandlearn.com and a good tutorial on it.

Remove Ads