Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm looking for a CMS that will allow me to use a template that I create. So I would specify content areas like, body, side content, other content. So when I make a new page all I have to do is fill in the content for that specific page, not edit a template in. But everything else like header, footer, menu will be controlled by only modifying my main template.

This is going to be a business site so I wont need a forum, login, shoutbox... I've tried looking at hotsripts and such but there are literly hundreds of CMS options. I want something thats user friendly, it doesn't even need a WYSIWYG editor. Any ideas?

Member #
    You could look around http://www.opensourcecms.com and see if any of those suit your needs. Otherwise you could just make what you want yourself because it would be very simple to do. If you want help doing so, just ask us.

Member #
    Yes, I agree with Eddy Bones. You should visit opensourcecms, you will find rating and reviews on different CMS. You could easily choose. However i would suggest joomla, typo3 and e107 that are very powerful CMS available.
    eTechDesigns.net
    AIM : etecdesigns || Yahoo : etecdesigns || MSN : sales@eTechDesigns.net
    Total Quality Web Designs and Web Development

Member #
    Yeah I'll check it out, I was actually looking at joomla today. I'm just having trouble finding one that does what I need it to do, might just need to customize one.

Member #
    I've been playing with:

http://modxcms.com/

&

http://snewscms.com/

Both pretty lightweight but very scalable.

Member #
    i'm using joomla atm.. everything is modular, all you have to do is turn off login and all the stuff you don't want.. enter your template and css. if you do then i recommend extended menu if you have your own menu style in mind.

Remove Ads