Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Hi,

I think everyone knows by now I'm trying to learn how install a third party rss feed on my site. I know this has been dealt with before on this site but my searches failed to bring up anything sufficiently organized for someone of my ignorance of rss. What I'm specifically trying to do is install Yahoo's Rss news feeds on some pages of my site. I sometimes get confused between the many guides out there for rss. Can anyone direct me to anything that will walk me through the process of installing third party feeds, like Yahoo's, exclusively? Thanks.

Member #
    duck444 got get a script called magpie rss, I used it when I first started adding rss feeds, its relativly simple all you do is add the url u want the feed to come from and presto. However have you ever thought of creating a rss feed of your content and then rotating it throughout the website just a suggestion.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaWebDesign
    duck444 got get a script called magpie rss, I used it when I first started adding rss feeds, its relativly simple all you do is add the url u want the feed to come from and presto. However have you ever thought of creating a rss feed of your content and then rotating it throughout the website just a suggestion.

Thanks CWD. I actually found a site called Originotions that helped me get rss on my site relatively easily as well. I'll check out magpie too, though.

What do you mean by "rotating"? I can see if I wanted to make an rss feed of my own content for third parties, but what are the advantages of "rotating" content that's already on my site?

Member #
    a good advantage is that search engines see that your pages are constantly being updated with new fresh content.

Remove Ads