Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'd like to have a feature on my site where a user can submit a document to me after they have paid a fee.

The user needs to be able to only submit once per payment.

I also have a standard shop for downloads, using zencart - does anyone know if the above is possible using zencart?

If not, has anyone any ideas of how I could implement it?

Thanks.
    Web Development blog and freelancer
    http://www.duncanhalley.co.uk/

Member #
    I'm not sure about the ZenCart.

But for the other not exactly sure how that could be implemented. But here's a start, you can have say a paypal button on your page that accepts the payments and offline you have a random generator which you generate codes for. Once the person pays via PayPal, you send them a code, you have a password protected page which could prompt for this code. Upon successsfully entry, the person is given a page where they can upload a document to you.

Like I said, this is a start, it could be built upon the above basic knowledge.

Member #
    Do you require the user to be a registered user? If you do, then you can create a new column in your user table and update that field after the user has paid the fee.

Member #
    I've set it up so that on the confirmation of payment screen, the users username is added to a db table.
    The submission link is then emailed to the user.

On accessing the link for the submission form, the table is checked to ensure it contains the user's ID.
    The ID is then removed from the db (the user is only allowed to access the submission page once) and the user can upload their document.

This seems to work, but are there any security flaws? I should probably require a full login on the submission page, rather than just the username.
    Web Development blog and freelancer
    http://www.duncanhalley.co.uk/

Remove Ads