Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Passwords?

Member #
    I am attempting to sell a recruiting website that I had developed two years ago. However, I cannot remember the admin password for the life of me.

I've retrieved it from the database, but it's obviously encrypted (hashed). Is there any way to decrypt it?

The sale of my site hinges on this. Thanks.

Member #
    Nevermind, I didn't think of resetting the password.

Member #
    Oh well........I was going to suggest that or your registrar/host will usually give it to you if you have the billing info and the last four of your credit card........but you have that for future reference.

I have done the same thing, but I now keep logins and passwords in a file (another thing for future reference).

Good luck with the sale......
    GMan

Member #
    I sometimes forget my passwords for admin accounts (not the password to login to cPanel and such, but rather to login to any system I have coded).

If you md5() your password, and forget it, http://www.adamek.biz/md5-generator.php

Then all you have to do is take the md5 version and update the database/file with it.

Remove Ads