Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Right so now ive sorted the problem of not having any cron jobs. i need a script that downloads all of the data from 2 databases and downloads all of the files from my web site can anyone help please.
    Phill
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Phil,

This forum is a great place to discuss ideas, solve problems, and learn new things.
    I think you'll find most of us don't have time to actually write and post complete
    scripts for others. If you have an existing script that doesn't work, we probably
    can help troubleshoot it.

You will be much less frustrated if you use Google to find some tutorials and PHP
    scripts that are already written.

Something like this:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...se&btnG=Search

... and then ask specific questions about a portion that doesn't work, and provide
    a working example and attached file with the script.

If you find something that does exactly what you want, share it in this forum, and
    then, you'll be helping all the rest of us who might be looking for the same thing.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    I'd just recommend switch to a host that supports cron jobs, which is built into any *Nix-based OS. I have a cron job to back up the database here quite frequently, and it would be crazy if I had to do it manually. It's several hundred MB.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Switching to a new host isnt possible as i have already disscussed in another thread with mlseim and i have decided the simplest way would to be write a php script that works in the command line that I call with a .bat file and then run from the task scheduler on my pc nad ill take a look at that link
    Phil
    Regards Phil,

Remove Ads