Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I've been in search for a good, versatile, ftp uploading script for a long time. One that can be easily integrated into any design. Does anyone know any?- or have maybe even have built one they'd like to share? My site I'm working on needs to be able to upload videos (and that doesn't work to well with HTTP's hit and miss :-\ ).

Thanks for the much needed help!

Corey
    "What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?"
    -Matthew 16:26

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Are you trying to have users upload files to your site, or write a script that can send arbitrary files over FTP to another server?
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by filburt1
    Are you trying to have users upload files to your site, or write a script that can send arbitrary files over FTP to another server?
    What I want is a script that can handle large file uploads to my site. HTTP file uploading won't support video upload.

Thanks,
    Corey
    "What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?"
    -Matthew 16:26

Member #
    http://us2.php.net/ftp
    this page has everything you need to know about php and ftp functions
    i don;t know if it will help because you can only upload files that are on your server which would require the user to upload them to your server via http and then your server uploading them via ftp. you might want to use some kind of client side scripting or you could have the user use your ftp server directly and upload to an anonymous directory/
    hth, dandono_
    mmm beef

Remove Ads