Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    I need a PHP script so that I can create users so that when they login, it gives them access to a certain area based on how I've set up their account. In other words, i would like the user management script to be able give them access to an area for their user name where I have certain users confugred as customers where they get access to a customer area, OR if I have them setup as a sales person, they gain access to my sales staff area. I have a script in place that authenticates their login but I need GUI interface where I can assign certain rights, customer or sales, to that user and after loggin in it redirects them to the customer or sales staff area. Is this possible and what free PHP script will do this?
    Thanks!
    Buster

Member #
    check out phpfreaks and codewalkers, you might get lucky

Member #
    ok, I'll give them a spin in the meantime.
    Thanks!

Member #
    You could use a loop and drop down/radio buttons to change a user(s) status.

By the sounds of it you have the login part done, so the rest is not that hard.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bfsog
    You could use a loop and drop down/radio buttons to change a user(s) status.

By the sounds of it you have the login part done, so the rest is not that hard.
    ok, if the rest isn't that hard, then enlighten me as I don't know anything about php. I can plink around in it and see what's going on but writing the code from scratch is beyond me.
    Thanks!

Member #
    Well, obviously you do not want everyone to be able to change users status, so you will need to limit access to your account only.

So, once you have logged in, you will want to extract all the users from your table, and generate a form with drop downs/radio buttons than can change their status.

Then, you would create a file that would save the changes.

Though if you are new to this coding lark then getting a pre written script is probably best.

Member #
    Yeah and I'm just not slick enough with PHP to build that on my own. Do you know of a script that will do something close that I can then tweak?
    Thanks!
    Buster

Member #
    What I need is a user interface for the admin wher I can lookup a user, then set his/her permissions as a sales staff person or a customer which will then give them the access to the appropriate page that I assign to that kind of status. What would be ideal is then once that user logs in, it directs them directly to the page assopciauted with that type of user status of sales or customer.
    Does that make sense?

Member #
    Yes.

So you could enter the users name into a form, or you might want to use some other data that is more unique.

Then it is just a similar concept to what I mentioned above, using drop down box or radio buttons to change the status of a user.

Then depending on the choice made, you would either have the page they are directed to as the page for the staff or page for the customer in your database table.

Member #
    I can setup an html form fine. I just have no clue how to setup a user interface to include that stuff in PHP and have it poll the database to verify that info and give the appropriate site accordingly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads