Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hello
    please help me to install a php script with mysql database.

in the script i have to change: "The host that this database is on. Ex. localhost or mysql.yoursite.com"
    do i need to put here my internet address? like www.pierrot.com or mysql.pierrot.com ?? both options are not working and i'm getting the error
    Warning
    : mysql_connect() access denied
    is it because for the password and username i shall put my domain name plus underscod plus password i created in the cpanel? (pierr_password232). doing that i also get error message.

thank you for helping me

Member #
    Off-topic: I just experienced deja vu reading this message.. anyway.

Back on topic: if you host your website on a hosting provider (you FTP/browser upload your files to some server) then the host name you need is 'localhost' minus the quotes.

You would need to have created a database first. Could you post your code that tries to connect? (Without the password, we assume you have the right password).

And if possible, a link to the page in question (or a demo test page with the same code if your site is not ready).

Member #
    Hi Bfsog,

Thank you so much for your message- 'localhost' !!!! That's the answer. I input 'local host' as two separated words...
    Sorry about that, i'm still learning... aranoid:
    Everything is running perfectly now!

Member #
    No worries, that is easily done, and you will know for next time.

Remove Ads