Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm developing a website that uses a phpBB2 forum, and I would like to create a main page "profile preview" box...similar to what is seen on many portal community sites (ie. 1up.com for instance).
    I'm very new to php scripting, so I could use some help. Basically it will be a small box that checks for two things:
    1) Check for a session cookie, if no session is present, shows a small login form & register link connected to the same db the forums use directly, but will use a different redirect to return to the main page - or -
    2) Checks for session cookie, if session -is- present, displays a layout of the persons forum user name, their forum rank, and other display information (ie. post count, avatar, etc).
    Any tips or ideas? Or is there something like this available? I've searched most of the big php script sites (especially hotscripts) tryin to find something like this to no avail. Thanks in advance :classic:
    Owner - http://www.project-guild.com (in development)

Remove Ads