Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I just wanted to know if its possible to create the following in php/sql A forum like this one and or a shoping cart/store? Or will I need another language to support these features?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You can definitely do it in PHP and any SQL server -- it bears mentioning that there are existing products, occasionally even free, that do both with those two languages.

Member #
    Can you give me some links that offer free carts/froums as i cant seem to find any in my many web search's.I was thinking of buying some licenses off V bulletin but I am not too sure what they mean by licenses, if they mean it is like a yearly subscrpition fee or something else.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    vBulletin works too. Have a look at OSCommerce and phpBB for free ones. I think there are other forums as well, and there are definitely other e-Commerce apps.

Member #
    Shadowfiend I have just downloaded OSCommerce store and when I view the php files to find out how I install, it says that I need to allow register_global in php ini, isn't this a bad thing? And how do I go about turning these on as I have changed the part in php ini that says register_globals=Off and put on. Then saved it and tried reloading and still the error message.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Indeed, register_globals is bad, and it's rather disconcerting that something like OSCommerce would require it on. Anyway, you'll have to restart the server (Apache, I'm guessing) before it rereads php.ini.

Remove Ads