Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Up one level ..

Member #
    Hey, I'm trying to get a web form that will upload a file to a directory that is up one level from the folder the handler is in, but I don't know how to make it go up one level. The script is in public_html/cp/ and the place I want the file to go is in public_html/images/userimages/ . I tried uploading it to public_html/cp/images/ as a test and it worked fine, so the problem is definately with the directory I'm trying to put it in.
    Code:
     $uploaddir = "../images/userimages/";
    $filename = $_FILES['userfile']['name'];
    //Then I do some stuff with the file name
    $uploadfile = $uploaddir . $filename;
    If (move_uploaded_file($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'], $uploadfile)) {
              echo "You rock";
    } Else {
              echo "You suck";
    }
    It keeps telling me I suck along with this error:
    Code:
    Warning: move_uploaded_file(../images/userimages/anipil.gif) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/marke/public_html/cp/picture.php on line 16

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpAnJmCm' to '../images/userimages/anipil.gif' in /home/marke/public_html/cp/picture.php on line 16
    I always thought ".." meant up one level, but appearently not in PHP. This server is Linux if it matters. Thanks for your help!

*EDIT* - I cried wolf too soon. When I created the folder on the server I called it userpictures. NEVERMIND
    "There is no spoone" -The Matricks

Remove Ads