Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Simple CMS

Member #
    Has anyone written or come across a ver simple CMS that is just a backend and you simply paste a couple of snippets of PHP to output the menu and content rather than using something like Joomla or Mambo and having to write a new template.

Thanks Phil
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    I made one about a year ago, but my computer has been nuked since then and I'm sorry to say I didn't back up my data as I should have. So I guess if you're ever building one and need assistance, you can call on me.

I have yet to find any decent really small ones out there because they're generally useless for most people unless they can do this, that, and all those other things.

Member #
    Hurmm looks like im gunna have to write 1 unless some1 else has 1 ill let u know if i need any help

Phil
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    I've written a client side CMS which allows you to create php pages and call up any text file to embed in the page it creates. Much easier than Joomla to set up so it might be what you looking for.

Member #
    I created a small script, which to use all you needed to do was something like

Code:
    <body>

<h1>About page</h1>

<?php
    include("kontenter.php");
     echo $array["about"];
    ?>
    kontenter, because I named the script kontenter.

Do not think I have a copy but I'll have a looksee.

Member #
    Have you take a look at drupal??? It is a nice CMS (my favorite) and it is available at drupal.org. I am not sure whether it is lean enough for you.

Member #
    Hey, I've developed / am developing on myself at this time...

It's integrated with phpbb, but all the admistration, news and things like that are my coding.

The front page lists things like, who's online, recent polls, and your user info... nothing fancy.

On admin side you have Edit, Delete, and Update news articles, among other things that are specific to my site!! you can check out some working versions of it at:

http://www.gamingforge.org
    http://www.velocitypvp.com
    http://www.teamsi.ca

All gaming related though.

Member #
    go to opensourcecms.com, simplecms is quite good there is another really simpe one cant remeber the name though no crap that you dont need. However i did start to write my own which was easier than i thought, im still doing it maybe when im finished some people here can check it and test it?

Member #
    Ive decided th write my own aswell and yes the frontend side is easy. The admin back end isnt though
    Regards Phil,

Member #
    All the backend is doing is inserting, updating and deleting records. To make it work is quite simple, however security issues that need to be addressed i have found are difficult and need attention.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads