Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm just now learning about how to use PHP to do stuff with HTML forms, and I've seen some things here and there about security issues -- register_globals, magic quotes, PHP functions that alter strings... I have to admit, I feel a bit overwhelmed by it all!

I was hoping a kind soul or two might help me out. What do you do with PHP to make your forms secure? I've seen a few things, but I'm wondering if those are all you have to do, or if there's more that I haven't heard of yet.

Sorry if maybe my question is a bit too general... I'm not even sure exactly what to ask. I started learning PHP a couple weeks ago, and it's my first experience with a programming language. :cheeky:

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    The most important thing to avoid HTML injection: [phpfunction]htmlspecialchars[/phpfunction]. [phpfunction]htmlentities[/phpfunction] works too but can be a bit overzealous.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Remove Ads