Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Yaz
    Member #
    I'm having a few problems with my sites.

Site A: spam content (credit reports links and bingo links, etc) is being inserted into the database, even though we have CAPTCHA implemented on every single form.

Site B: files are getting created in writable folders on the server that are spamming other websites. These writable folders have to be there for SMARTY (http://smarty.php.net/) to work. But, I have no idea how those files got there.

The only solution that I have been able to come up with is to implement mysql_real_escape_string function from php.

If anyone can give me more information or tell me if I'm totally of my mark... its greatly appreciated.
    ..:: Yaz ::..

Member #
    Not so much a prevention than a screening of content. For one of my projects, I login to an admin panel and I have to verify comments before they go live on the website.

Try using http://uk3.php.net/strip_tags

If someone is creating files via PHP then that should stop.

Yaz
    Member #
    I have it on site A, but not B. I'll see if that works. :glasses:
    ..:: Yaz ::..

Member #
    Another idea would be to ask real life questions, I know these are text based however if the answer is not in the page source code (retrieved from some file) then the bots should not break that.

Remove Ads