Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Dreamweaver cannot connect to a MySQL database using MySQL, when I preview using F12(Opera) or Shift+F12(IE) it works, when I type the link in, it works, however the program claims the connection is incorrect and there is no server running, when I set the MySQL server (which is accesible at localhost, localhost:80 or localhost:3306) without the http:// I get this error:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamweaver error
    The URL prefix localhost/MySite/ for this site's testing server could not be resolved. This could be due to several reasons:

1. You have specified a local root folder that does not fall under the web server root folder (not the easiest way to test a site)
    (No I haven't)

2. There is no web server running on this URL. A web server must be running in order to map pages through a URL
    (so now Apache's not a web server, I don't think so)

3. There is a web server running but no virtual web folder has been mapped to this prefix. A Web virtual folder mapping is needed for local sites that aren't under the root folder
    . (It is under the root folder)

If I do put in the http:// I get
    HTTP Error Code 404 file not found. Here are some possible reasons:

1) There is no testing server running on the server machine
    2) The testing server specified does not map to the
    http://localhost/MySite/_mmServerScr...;uid=root;pwd=removed;&Host=localhost&&Database=MySite&UserName=root&Pa ssword=removed&Timeout=30 URL. Verify that the URL prefix maps to the root of the site.
    When I go to that URL I get:
    The files from the _mmServerScripts folder are for the server model PHP-MySQL. You try to connect to a database using a different server model . Please remove this folder outside the Dreamweaver environment on both local and testing machines and try again.\n
    This error happens with Dreamweaver MX (no patches), Dreamweaver 8.02 and the CS3 trial. But itt doesn't happen with dw4 ultradev.

Remove Ads