Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi, I am creating a fairly basic website using GoLive. The homepage needs to feature a map of the world where the viewer clicks on their location before entering the main website. The website will be identical for viewers all around the world, but the 'pricing' page will differ (based on their chosen location on the front page).

The actual website is currently online, but I'm not happy with the way that I have set it up (due to my lack of knowledge I have created a workaround, which is technically incorrect - it has created a huge amount of extra work for me so far, and will cause more problems in the future).

Can anyone offer me some advice on how to go about this?

Thanks in advance.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Do you have a link to the current site? Why not just do a select box like www.ups.com ?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    In reply to your private message:

It sounds like your problem is that you're using static HTML to display your content. You shouldn't be doing that. Instead, you should have one website with content dynamically generated by a content management system, such as Joomla or Drupal, or even a custom CMS that you build. Based upon the selected country, a session cookie would be set for the client that would determine all of the content they see from then on by telling the server where they are.

I'm reposting this here and moving your thread to the PHP forum because there's lots of information and knowledge on WDF in relation to creating dynamic sites.

I think you should rethink the architecture of your website and learn more before continuing.

Remove Ads