Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I know this is probably not the best way to go about it but the page I'm using won't support straight out PHP. When I used this method of echoing on one object (the subscribe button) it worked. But I want to use the method for the whole script.

I get this message when I goto the page:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in file on line 34
    . I've highlighted line 34 in red. Can anyone tell me where it is wrong... I just don't see it.

I've been making changes here and there where I thought the problem was but haven't successfully fixed it.

Code:
    <?php echo $content = ''; ?>
       <?php echo $content .= zen_draw_form('subscribe', zen_href_link(FILENAME_SUBSCRIBE, '', 'SSL'), 'post', ''); ?>
       <?php echo $content; ?>
       <?php echo $content .= zen_draw_hidden_field('act', 'subscribe'); ?>
       <?php echo $content; ?>
       <?php echo $content .= zen_draw_hidden_field('main_page',FILENAME_SUBSCRIBE); ?>
       <?php echo $content; ?>
       <?php echo $content .= ' <label>'. (empty($subscribe_text) ? '' : $subscribe_text); ?>
       <?php echo $content; ?>
       <?php echo $content .= '  ' . zen_draw_input_field('email', '', 'size="18" maxlength="30" style="width: 30px;" value="' . HEADER_SUBSCRIBE_DEFAULT_TEXT . '" onfocus="if (this.value == '' . HEADER_SUBSCRIBE_DEFAULT_TEXT . '') . 'this.value = '';"'); ?> 
       <?php echo $content; ?>
       <?php echo $content .= '</label>'; ?>
       <?php if(EMAIL_USE_HTML == 'true') {
        $content .= ' <br /> <label>' . zen_draw_radio_field('email_format', 'HTML', true) . ENTRY_EMAIL_HTML_DISPLAY . '</label>'; ?>
        <?php echo $content .= ' <label style="white-space:nowrap">' . zen_draw_radio_field('email_format', 'TEXT', false) . ENTRY_EMAIL_TEXT_DISPLAY . '</label>';
       }
    ?>
    <?php echo $content; ?>
    - flipjargendy

ljm
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    PHP Code:
    onfocus="if (this.value == '' . HEADER_SUBSCRIBE_DEFAULT_TEXT . '') . 'this.value = '';"'); 
    It appears you've messed mixed up your use of quotes. You need to escape the ones that are part of the string with a backwards slash so they're not to be confused with anything else in the code.

Remove Ads