Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Er... Because you're never changing $POST[STNO]? By the way, you should be putting all of the subscripts in quotes ($_POST['STNO']) when they aren't variables. It seems more likely that you want your loop to be:
    PHP Code:
    while ($_POST['STNO'][$i] != NULL
    Or maybe:
    PHP Code:
    while ($i count($_POST['STNO']) 

Member #
    Thanks, Shadowfiend. That worked well (opted for choice #2). I had tried the first option initially, but wasn't able to get it to work.

Definitely appreciate the help, and will continue to post as I make progress. Hopefully this benefits the forum.

Cheers,

K.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I preferred option 2, as well, it turns out. It's cleaner. Glad to see you caught that

Member #
    So now that I've got that part of things working, I started on the script to sum the rows in the form, giving a total, then multiplying it by the price to give an extended cost.

Here's the javascript I used to sum and multipy the rows:
    Code:
    function sumQuantities()
    {
    i=0
    while(i < document.orderForm.elements.length)
    {
    if((i%12==0)&&(i!=0))
    {
    var a = i-3;
    var b = i-4;
    var c = i-5;
    var d = i-6;
    var e = i-7;
    var f = i-8;
    var g = i-9;
    var h = i-10;
    var j = i-1;
    var k = i-2

document.orderForm.elements[a].value=(document.orderForm.elements[b].value-0) + (document.orderForm.elements[c].value-0) + (document.orderForm.elements[d].value-0) + (document.orderForm.elements[e].value-0) + (document.orderForm.elements[f].value-0) + (document.orderForm.elements[g].value-0) + (document.orderForm.elements[h].value-0);
    document.orderForm.elements[j].value= (document.orderForm.elements[a].value-0)*(document.orderForm.elements[k].value-0);
    }
    i++;
    }
    }
    Now I'm trying to figure out how to validate the form, so that I know all the totals in the units column either = 0 or are greater than a minimum. My difficulty is that all the validation methods I've run into emphasize calling out the field to be validated by name, which doesn't work here, as my code will be generating lots of different order forms dynamically, depending on who's using it and what season they're after.

Can anyone steer me right to hunt this down?

Cheers,

James

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads