Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: vbPortal

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Just wondering what everyone thought about it. It looks like it's VBulletin/same company and free/not free? Me R confused, migraine doesn't help either. Roommate's got a potential client that wants their site similar to Death Row Records.

Any advice?
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    well... vBulletin isn't free [info], so if the client really want vBulletin with integrated vbPortal, you have to convince him/her to pay extra for board license. Once you've got license you get access to vbulletin.org which provides many hacks, including vbPortal
    Eggiweggs... I would like to smash them!

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    I know that vBulletin isn't free, but the official site for vbPortal doesn't say if it's free or not, at least I couldn't find the information. Is vbPortal a part of vBulletin, or a separate entity? If it's its own entity, is it free or does it cost money? I'm assuming the latter here.

More importantly, to those who have used/configured/administrated vbF, is it any good? Any good/bad reasons to use it?

Also, keep in mind that the first post was posted under duress of a major migraine
    The Rules

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    vBPortal is a free hack, which is just a portal page for vB (obviously)
    And vB is probably the best forum software out at the moment, and I would recomend using it over any other BB, but don't use vB3, use vB2.3 ;-)
    Download Firebird now!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Please obey the signature rules: four lines normal text, no images:
    http://www.webdesignforums.net/annou...?s=&forumid=18

I don't know much about vB Portal, but there are several other portals you can use at http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/ . More specifically, there's vB Home; the lite version is free and the paid version supposedly has the crap optimized out of it.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Kewl, thanks.
    The Rules

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    sorry filburt, didn't know bout the sig size limit
    Download Firebird now!

Member #
    Well. vbportal 3.2.3 is out and its not free, which means you have to pay for it, but it offers very cool features and easy to use!
    Secondly, if you don't want to pay money, then you can use PHPNuke with vbulletin by using a simple PHPNuke integration hack from vbulletin.org!

Member #
    well at least they ditched there PHPNuke setup. I talked to the webmaster of that site before and he expressed and interested in PostNuke.

Right now I am working on a more advanced integration of vBulletin & PostNuke. I haven't found a CMS or vB portal that can even come close to touching the features that are integrated into the package that I have.

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    kewl, keep us updated!
    The Rules

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads