Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You are starting learning php is good idea, the first thing you should need atleast the basic idea of HTML. Get some good PHP tutorials. Its really interesting so step ahead.
    Hosting On Web - A web hosting company.

Member #
    Hey JS,

I think RickM really gives good resources there - by sending you the weblinks.

In addition to his weblinks - my recommendation is that if you are going to learn PHP - you have to understand the concept of PHP before you can even start programming in PHP. Nimiety in previous posting gave excellent directions where you should learn basic html before getting into PHP. A lot of PHP application builds on HTML coding, so having an understanding of how PHP works in conjunction with HTML will help you build a website in PHP.

My recommendations? Although it might not be free - but I recommend that you buy a copy of Elizabeth Castro - HTML, XHTML, and CSS from Visual Quickstart and use it as a learning and reference tool. That should really give you an insight into HTML (and CSS)

Then, I recommend that you check out the PHP tutorials from Lynda.com. They are very easy to understand and I learned my PHP and MySQL integration via that site. Of course, it is easier said than done - I think the first thing to learning PHP is having the discipline and patience to really sit down and and UNDERSTAND the applications.

I wish you all the best

Sorry that I did not provide any "free solutions" but woo woo thankfully we have RickM for that.

Cheers, :-D
    Ken
    Kenneth Hill,
    Business-Centric Internet Consultant
    Feasible Designs - Benchmark Expert
    Your Vision, Your Business, Your Success, Lets Make It Happen

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Just curious about some feedback from the OP, how is it going - if at all? I'm a designer with most of my experience being in print. About a year ago I decided i absolutely needed to learn more of the web side of things. I picked up HTML/XHTML/CSS very quickly, already having a bit of HTML exposure and all the adobe elements i know very well so it all came together quite quickly.

I just started learning PHP as it became clear that I need to provide a CMS to most clients these and understand how it works. I'd also really like to understand what is going on under the hood in wordpress aside from the html/css - But i digress...

I'm finding PHP to be a good bit more challenging, just can't quite make sense of the syntax yet (which will come). I think what is confusing me the most, is I'm not yet clear on how it interacts with HTML/Design (if that makes sense?).

Banned
    Member #
    Start going through tutorials. There thousands of them out there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads