Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi,
    I own a site in which i offer web page design. Now, all is well with my site. Now, what I have is a Client Login page. What I'm looking for is a PHP script the will allow the end user to view the progress of their site, send comments/suggestions. I was thinking that I would just install a forum for each user, however that will eat up too much space. Can anyone suggest a FREE PHP solution? Any assistence would very much be appreciated!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    phpBT = php Bug Tracking... it should be able to do what you need.

Member #
    go to planetsourcecode.com or a similar site and do a search for the sort of script that u r after.
    it shouldnt be too hard too learn how to do it yourself either! knowing a scripting language can be very rewarding, especially for designers.

Member #
    Why not just alert them to updates, by showing them messages when they log in. I would store the messages in the database and link them through to the updated files. This way, you don't need a script to message them, forums or anything else. Simple.

Member #
    Actually, I am learning PHP currently. However, I need this up immediately! Considering this is a WEB DESIGN HELP FORUM, I would hope that someone has found another such script. Your shallow comments we're quite unappreciated!!

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Originally posted by bnscomputing
    Actually, I am learning PHP currently. However, I need this up immediately! Considering this is a WEB DESIGN HELP FORUM, I would hope that someone has found another such script. Your shallow comments we're quite unappreciated!!
    That is not a wise way to try to get assistance. Remember these people are here on their own free time.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    LOL... The fact of the matter is that there isn't such a script available. I know that because I researched time trackng / bug tracking software in some detail a couple months back when evaluating options for my company.

phpBT is your best option, because it will do most of what you need. Because you're a web designer, I ASSUME that you have enough knowledge of search engines to find it yourself. Perhaps I'm assuming too much?

Nevertheless, considering that YOU'RE the one seeking assistance, your ATTITUDE is quite unappreciated!

Member #
    Hi,
    I own a site in which i offer web page design. Now, all is well with my site. Now, what I have is a Client Login page. What I'm looking for is a PHP script the will allow the end user to view the progress of their site, send comments/suggestions. I was thinking that I would just install a forum for each user, however that will eat up too much space. Can anyone suggest a FREE PHP solution? Any assistence would very much be appreciated!
    Hmmm, I'd say go with a message board.
    You could post pictures of work progress and use PM (private messages) to talk to the end user.
    Other people could also look at your work and reply to messages in the forums.

Member #
    Aaron Elliott
    www.forwardtrends.com

Remove Ads