Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    This message is appearing sometimes when people try looking at the site
    Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\Hosting\7189709\html\wp-content\plugins\sexybookmarks\includes\helper-functions.php on line 9

This is not always the error message, sometimes it's \wp-includes... It changes all the time

I contacted the hosting company and they said to create a php.ini.
    I got a useful reply yesterday but it is still happening.
    I think I have to reduce the loading time of the site. There are a few plugins running on the site.

Can anybody give advice for reducing the loading time, or optimizing the site for better performance.

Member #
    Liked
    726 times
    Can you post your website URL ... I'm curious about the page loading experience.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    what plugins do you have running? It could be that one of the plugins is causing the error directly or is making too many SQL queries.

here is a great article for speeding up your wordpress site
    http://www.problogdesign.com/wordpre...ordpress-blog/

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mlseim, post: 207730
    Can you post your website URL ... I'm curious about the page loading experience.

www.thelostbrothersband.com

The plugins running are gigs-calendar, sexy bookmarks, twitter tools and i did have a lightbox plugin running but i disabled it as it wasn't really that important

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I doubt its a plugin. The long page load times are probably caused by your images.

You have a large tiled background... but instead of repeating the tile you saved is as one giant .jpg ([COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]images/Backgrounds/sand.jpg[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]). This image can be much smaller.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Same with your logo (TheLostBrothersLogo.png) can be reduced in file size as well. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]All of you navigation images are .png with mouseover images....[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]etc etc etc. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Basically your image files sizes are too big and too numerous.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Take a look at Yahoos great service smush.it[/COLOR]
    If you are too lazy (or just not confortable) with changing your images and converting navigation items to text then smush.it will automatically compress your images and reduce the file size for you. Should help a bit at least.

If you are still getting load time errors.... perhaps its time to change your hosting.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonic, post: 207856
    I doubt its a plugin. The long page load times are probably caused by your images.

You have a large tiled background... but instead of repeating the tile you saved is as one giant .jpg ([COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]images/Backgrounds/sand.jpg[/COLOR][COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]). This image can be much smaller.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Same with your logo (TheLostBrothersLogo.png) can be reduced in file size as well. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]All of you navigation images are .png with mouseover images....[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]etc etc etc. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Basically your image files sizes are too big and too numerous.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Take a look at Yahoos great service smush.it[/COLOR]
    If you are too lazy (or just not confortable) with changing your images and converting navigation items to text then smush.it will automatically compress your images and reduce the file size for you. Should help a bit at least.

If you are still getting load time errors.... perhaps its time to change your hosting.

I'm currently going throught the images and reducing them, and the hosting it's on is someone else's and it's a windows server although I don't think it matters too much, I'm changing it a linux once i finish changing the images.
    Thanks for the help I'll have to keep in mind image sizes in future but I really didn't think the bg images of pngs would have that much of a bad effect on the site performance, still a lot to learn.

Thanks again

Remove Ads