Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    http://browns.theinsiders.com/2/162145.html

I would have printed the article, but it did not give me the option. I'm wondering if there is a script for doing this or what. Has anyone ever heard of a program that could do this,and if so where can I find it? I'd like to integrate something similiar to my site. If this isn't the place for this can you direct me to where I might go? Thank you.

I know I'm dealing with cron or spiders, my server does not support cron. Are there any servers you can recommend that do? Can I do what he is talking about in the link with spiders only? Thanks.

Member #
    It just looks lika no-right click script, probably stored in an external file. I'm not sure though. Anyways, that wont stop people printing because they can highlight it and go to File, Print, and select "Selection" from there.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Just, I'm not interested in the no right click, I', interested in what he wrote in the article Thanks anyway.

Member #
    It looks like the service is offering an RSS feed, both front and back end. There are several tutorials on RSS around the web, but you'll need PHP, or another server-side technology, and a database to implement it.

A good programmer (am I allowed to raise my hand?) could do it, if the price was right.

If you don't have cron, or can't afford it - all the hosting services I've seen that have it, start around $10/month - it would be easy enough to set up a page from which you can trigger the script - of course, cron hosting might cost less than 10-15 minutes of your time every day.

Member #
    Indigo what would a good prgrammer(you in this case) charge for setting up such a service?

Member #
    I used the email link on the post to send you a message, since I'm not sure if I'm allowed to offer estimates on professional services here or not ...

Member #
    Indigo I replied to you at the e-mail address you sent, did you get my message?

Remove Ads