Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    What does this mean and how to I fix it?

Warning: Unknown: Your script possibly relies on a session side-effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the session extension does not consider global variables as a source of data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively in Unknown on line 0

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I figured out what is causing it. I have a die(); function. When I take it out, it doesn't display this message. How do I keep it from doing this?

Member #
    I don't think die() is causing this error. This is usually caused by having a variable with the same name as a session var. For example, $_SESSION['whatev'] and $whatev. To make PHP stop showing errors like this, you can add the following lines to your PHP script.

Code:
    ini_set('session.bug_compat_warn', 0);
    ini_set('session.bug_compat_42', 0);

Member #
    Liked
    718 times
    Registered_Globals is an "old" way to doing things, where you define a PHP variable
    and can use it in different scripts without redefining it. Because it poses such a
    security problem, registered globals is by default disabled.

Instead, SESSIONs are used to pass variables between scripts ... which is secure.

Keep registered_globals disabled (turned off) and use SESSION instead.

Tell us what you're trying to do with your script, and maybe show some examples of
    what you're doing ... or a URL to your website, etc.

Remove Ads