Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    OK, do you know anything cheaper than XenForo,

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    ?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I have done this recently, I used phpbb forum software which is free, they then have a tutorial on how to create custom pages which only members can view, and they are just blank pages that you create to however you want them, so you would make your members area using this custom pages, therefore your members would register for the forum, not your members area, and they would then be able to access your members area made via phpbb.
    It works a treat.
    You can even take it one step further which is what I am currently working on and only allow certain groups of members to access certain files, because I am putting some content in a page that I want people to pay for, so when paid, I can upgrade their account to "full member" by creating a group called full members and then only give access to that page for all members within the full members group.

Here is the tutorial for pages - http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article/add-...page-to-phpbb/

And yes, you can adapt the theme of the forum to match the theme of your website, there are hundreds of tutorials on doing so but it is very simple - if i can do it, anyone can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads